Thursday, August 10, 2017

For All This I'm Sorry

I stood on that pedestal
High but not proud
Scanning the horizon
Far from here.

I laid my foundations
Spun as I rolled
Lived for tomorrow
The way that you do.

I let that ambition
Stand in our way
As magic fell to reflection
In the eyes of others.

I didn't kiss you
The way we once did
All the time
Enough is enough.

I let you suffer
While we were apart
Didn't see it coming
That fork in the road.

I violated the trust
Never to heal
Chronically wounded
Scarred for all to see.

I shattered your world
Slaughtered your soul
Gutted your home
In a sentence.

I ripped out your heart
Tore at your guts
Left you for dead
On a mountain of fears.

I didn't see you
Didn't feel you
Didn't know you
But now I know.

I threw it all away
Like a naïve child
Never realising that fantasy
Doesn't exist here.

I didn't take the time
Didn't stop
Or ask why
And for all this, I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment