Thursday, August 10, 2017

I'll See You on the Way Down

Somewhere on that trek
Nearly reached the pass
Your feet became stuck
And you fell to your knees
I have to go on
I need to see
What's around the bend
Over the other side
And if you're not coming
Well, then
I have to leave you behind
Baby, please don't cry
I'll see you on the way down.

Didn't plan the trip
Packed a little love
Thought about the end
So far away
I think you built your dream
On an artwork of roses
I think I lived my dream
Until the night was over
And a new dawn cleared
So blue
It's a very sad state of affairs
But we'll be ok, in the end
I'll see you on the way down.

Hard to breathe
This thin air
Hard to think
Clearly
My stomach hurts, and
Each step weighs an eternity
Every second lasts a tonne
The end is nigh
Unless we go on
Together
One way or the other
Into love's spectrum.
I'll see you on the way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment